UPCOMING EVENTS & PROMOTIONS
What: Crazy Day
When: Saturday 30th March 2019, 10am - 3pm
Where: Launceston CBD
Crazy Day is fast approaching and this year we are aiming to get even more businesses participating in the event, which means more happy bargain hunters in the CBD. This year Crazy Day will again provide patrons with bargains and great offers from Launceston businesses, a shop & win competition, local entertainment, demos from businesses and more! To make things easier for you, we have got a blanket on-street trading permit for the Cityprom boundaries, so that you can come out of your business and onto the footpath with a table or rack to further entice shoppers on the day. Please see the guidelines for on-street trading here or see below for more details.
We will be distributing a Crazy Day Guide online the evening before event, and in hard copy on the day, so that shoppers know where they can find a bargain or two. Crazy Day is a chance for not only retailers but for other industries such as hospitality, health and beauty to get on board and offer a Crazy Day promotion, sale or demonstration on the day. Click here to view examples from Geelong’s Sidewalk Sales for some great promotion, sale and demonstration ideas.
Plus, stay tuned because Crazy Day is having a little face lift with a new look and feel - we can't wait to share the new branding with you soon!
This is your chance to participate in one of Launceston City's busiest days; here are a few ideas on how you can get involved:
- Have a really great sale or promotion (a recent poll on our Facebook page showed that many shoppers want larger discounts, instead of just small store-wide offers - so use this to clear out end of season and old stock)
- Place a trestle table outside your store front (see above for details on on-street trading) and use Crazy Day to clear your end of season stock
- Promote new products and new arrivals, in-store demonstrations are a great way to do this
- Run an in-store competition as a way of gathering information about your customers and keep in contact with them (remember to have a 'tick box' so they can consent to you contacting them in the future)
- Design a special menu or drink for the day
- Conduct an in-store demonstration using food, drink, appliances or beauty products - you may have a supplier that would like to help you with this
- Offer customers free product samples or discount vouchers for future use if they make a purchase
- Remind customers that if they spend over $20 in any one transaction, or $50 across multiple transitions, that they can enter the Crazy Day SHOP & WIN competition and win some great prizes including shopping sprees, tickets to local events and more!
We will be distributing a Crazy Day Guide in hard copy on the day and online the evening before - similar to this guide. If you would like to be included in this guide, please email your business and offer details to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 3pm Friday 22nd March 2018.
The event will be promoted in the lead up by posters, The Examiner, LAFM and via our social media channels - and we would encourage you to do the same by sharing our posts and event or creating your own! For more details on what's on during the day, click here.
Remember, it’s FREE for all Cityprom Members to be involved in the event, and it’s a great way to get some additional promotion for your business and clear out old stock!
If you're planning on participating in on-street trading for Crazy Day (and we would encourage you to do so), then please read the below information on guidelines for this:
- Whilst we've been able to organise a lifting of the on-street trading regulations for the day, this doesn’t extend to an exemption from the required Public Liability Insurance (PLI). You will need a minimum of $10,000,000 PLI (most likely covered under your existing business insurance), if you are unsure please contact your insurance broker
- If you would like to trade on the street for the event you will need to provide Cityprom with a copy of your PLI Certificate of Currency to do so, unless you already have an on-street trading licence
- Nothing should be against the shop front, unless the business holds a Front of Shop Module Licence
- If goods are placed away from the shop front there should be sufficient footpath width, as specified in the image below from the relevant management document
- The goods should also be monitored by a shop employee to ensure they do not 'spread' and to assist any pedestrian who has difficulty in passing through.
If you have any questions, or to forward on your PLI Certificate of Currency please contact Larissa by email, email@example.com or phone, 03 6334 3321.
Launceston Like a Local
What: Launceston Like a Local
New On Street Dining Policy
City of Launceston have just released a new On Street Dining Policy which now allows
Reporting Inappropriate Behaviour
In recent weeks Cityprom and City of Launceston have received a number of reports from concerned staff and visitors in the City with regard to religious activities in the Brisbane St Mall. Council advise they are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible with a positive outcome. In the meantime, Council has provided the following suggestions, should this issue impact you, your staff and/or customers:
- A phone call is appropriate if there is a particular activity or behaviour happening that you think requires the attention of Council Officers, this can be done by telephoning Council’s Service Desk on 63 23 3000. Due to the high volume of calls at this time of year, you may experience a slight delay reaching a staff member. If this happens you can select the 'call back' option which reserves your place in the queue. You will be called backed by the next available staff member.
- To allow Council to respond to these complaints, it is helpful if they are in writing. You can use the Incident Template to record the relevant details and return via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you include the following:
- Full Name and location of your business.
- Details of what you saw and heard and the date and time.
- Details of any other witnesses including their contact details.
Alternatively, you can contact Cityprom to arrange collection and delivery of your incident report.
Stealing Crime Statutory Declaration
Please use the following document to assist in the timely and accurate reporting of stealing crimes. This document is not intended to replace the attendance of Police and should not be used if an alleged offender is still present. To report a crime please phone 131 444 fpr non-urgent attendance.
Other handy docs: