This July, we want to celebrate all that is delicious about winter in Launceston. Winterlicious is a month-long campaign highlighting the fantastic food, wine, events, arts and cultural activities on offer in the city and to encourage people to get out and about to enjoy what Launceston has to offer.
July Winter Events Guide
We have created a July Winter Events Guide featuring the fantastic events happening in Launceston. There's something for everyone this July, with 36 events happening around Launceston. So grab your winter coats, scarves, and head along to some of these fantastic events!
We’re on a mission to light up the streets of Launceston with our new Winterlicious Window Kits. These include fairy lights, batteries and a Winterlicious window decal. Get involved by pimping out your windows and placing the window decal somewhere that’s clearly visible for foot traffic.
Our goal is to highlight the array of businesses we have in Launceston and create ambiance during winter. Having a collaborative city approach will help to ensure that Launceston remains a bustling hub to live, shop and work over the colder months!
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 63343321.
Reporting Inappropriate Behaviour
In recent weeks Cityprom and City of Launceston have received a number of reports from concerned staff and visitors in the City with regard to religious activities in the Brisbane St Mall. Council advise they are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible with a positive outcome. In the meantime, Council has provided the following suggestions, should this issue impact you, your staff and/or customers:
- A phone call is appropriate if there is a particular activity or behaviour happening that you think requires the attention of Council Officers, this can be done by telephoning Council’s Service Desk on 63 23 3000. Due to the high volume of calls at this time of year, you may experience a slight delay reaching a staff member. If this happens you can select the 'call back' option which reserves your place in the queue. You will be called backed by the next available staff member.
- To allow Council to respond to these complaints, it is helpful if they are in writing. You can use the Incident Template to record the relevant details and return via email to: email@example.com
Make sure you include the following:
- Full Name and location of your business.
- Details of what you saw and heard and the date and time.
- Details of any other witnesses including their contact details.
Alternatively, you can contact Cityprom to arrange collection and delivery of your incident report.