FIESTA ON GEORGE UPDATE
Last week's meeting
Lucy Richardson from City of Launceston attended last Thursday’s Fiesta on George meeting to discuss some important information for stallholders, such as:
All businesses that wish to serve food or beverages outside of their business must complete a temporary food permit a minimum of 4 weeks prior to Fiesta on George on the 21st of October. Unfortunately, failing to do so will incur additional costs so be sure to forward this to Lucy.Richardson@launceston.tas.gov.au before Thursday 21st of September.
Temporary Occupancy Permits
Temporary structures such as 6x3 metre marquees or larger must have a temporary occupancy permit. Those leasing marquees through Cityprom’s preferred supplier Tassie Instant Marquees will already be covered through the business’s existing temporary occupancy permits and will therefore be exempt. However, if you own a temporary structure and wish to use this for Fiesta on George, it is important to ensure you have all the necessary permits in place. Email Lucy.Richardson@launceston.tas.gov.au if you have any questions.
Below is a price list for Fiesta on George infrastructure. This includes all the required weights, GST and labour.
3x3 metre marquees with weights $295.00ea
6x3 metre marquees with weights $370.00ea
3m Counter Units $25.00ea
Timber Trestle $15.00ea
BBQ + Gas Bottle $120.00ea
Bain Marie $120.00ea
We recommend you team up with another vendor in a 6x3 metre marquee to lower the overall cost. We also find that businesses tend to do better when they are in clustered rather than disjointed in street festivals such as Fiesta on George.
STALLHOLDER PARTICIPATION FORM
Time is running out for you to register your business for Fiesta on George. It is important for you to let us know if you intend on participating ASAP; especially if you wish to operate outside of your business on the day. This is so we can factor you into the site plan to ensure a smooth, logistically flowing event. The final cut-off date to for stallholder participation forms is close of business Thursday the 21st September. After this date, forms will not be accepted. Download a 'stallholder participation form' here and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it in person to the Cityprom office at Level 3/65 St John Street, Launceston.
FIESTA ON GEORGE STALLHOLDER THEMING COMPETITION
Part of what adds to the vibrancy of street events is the collaborative effort from all participants to decorate their shop fronts or stalls. We will be offering a generous prize on the day for the best stallholder theming, which will be announced over the PA on the day. This competition will only be open to Cityprom members and the prize is yet to be confirmed. Some ideas include:
- Fairy lights
- Flowers, trees and leaves
- Colourful umbrellas
- Bonus points: for staff dressing up in colourful, festive attire!
NEXT FIESTA ON GEORGE MEETING
The next Fiesta on George meeting will be on Thursday the 21st of September, from 5:30pm – 6:30pm, at Alchemy Bar & Restaurant. If you have any questions in the meantime, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or calling 03 63343321.
Reporting Inappropriate Behaviour
In recent weeks Cityprom and City of Launceston have received a number of reports from concerned staff and visitors in the City with regard to religious activities in the Brisbane St Mall. Council advise they are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible with a positive outcome. In the meantime, Council has provided the following suggestions, should this issue impact you, your staff and/or customers:
- A phone call is appropriate if there is a particular activity or behaviour happening that you think requires the attention of Council Officers, this can be done by telephoning Council’s Service Desk on 63 23 3000. Due to the high volume of calls at this time of year, you may experience a slight delay reaching a staff member. If this happens you can select the 'call back' option which reserves your place in the queue. You will be called backed by the next available staff member.
- To allow Council to respond to these complaints, it is helpful if they are in writing. You can use the Incident Template to record the relevant details and return via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you include the following:
- Full Name and location of your business.
- Details of what you saw and heard and the date and time.
- Details of any other witnesses including their contact details.
Alternatively, you can contact Cityprom to arrange collection and delivery of your incident report.