UPCOMING EVENTS & PROMOTIONS
What: WIN a $2,000 Shopping Spree in Central Launceston
When: 3 October 2018 - 9 November 2018
SHOPTOBER is a shop & win promotion in Central Launceston where shoppers have the chance to win a $2,000 shopping spree when they make three purchases across retail, hospitality and health & beauty businesses. Businesses don't need to do anything different but we would love you to encourage Launceston to shop, dine and pamper themselves in the CBD by sharing social media posts and helping us promote this competition any way you can.
Shoptober will run from Wednesday 3 October until Friday 9 November with weekly $50 voucher draws and the main draw on 9 November 2018. This promotion will consist of weekly Examiner advertisements in prime positions, radio announcements, digital content and physical collateral which we will deliver soon (if you need more please email us). Digital assets for social media, or if you want to display something immediately, are available here. We are also partnering with The Examiner to feature a shop local editorial campaign.
To enter shoppers will need to provide proof of purchase and have shopped with a Cityprom member retail, hospitality and health & beauty business between 3 October and 9 November 2018. Thise businesses that may be considered a professional service will also be included i.e dry cleaners, gyms and dentists etc. This is a campaign to encourage shoppers to visit a broad range of businesses in Launceston Central City across a number of industries.
Fiesta on George
What: Fiesta on George
When: Saturday, 20 October 2018 from 12PM - 9PM
The date has been set, Saturday 20 October 2018, and preparations are underway for one of Cityprom's biggest events of the year, Fiesta on George. If you would like to get involved in this year's event please contact Kristy. We will announce more details around the event soon, so keep an eye on our Facebook page and look out for some more updates coming to your inbox.
Fiesta on George is a one-day street party where George Street, Launceston comes to life. Join the food vendors and retailers of George Street and surrounds, as they come out to the street in celebration of the food, colour and vibrancy in Central Launceston. Entry is FREE for all ages.
New On Street Dining Policy
City of Launceston have just released a new On Street Dining Policy which now allows
Reporting Inappropriate Behaviour
In recent weeks Cityprom and City of Launceston have received a number of reports from concerned staff and visitors in the City with regard to religious activities in the Brisbane St Mall. Council advise they are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible with a positive outcome. In the meantime, Council has provided the following suggestions, should this issue impact you, your staff and/or customers:
- A phone call is appropriate if there is a particular activity or behaviour happening that you think requires the attention of Council Officers, this can be done by telephoning Council’s Service Desk on 63 23 3000. Due to the high volume of calls at this time of year, you may experience a slight delay reaching a staff member. If this happens you can select the 'call back' option which reserves your place in the queue. You will be called backed by the next available staff member.
- To allow Council to respond to these complaints, it is helpful if they are in writing. You can use the Incident Template to record the relevant details and return via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you include the following:
- Full Name and location of your business.
- Details of what you saw and heard and the date and time.
- Details of any other witnesses including their contact details.
Alternatively, you can contact Cityprom to arrange collection and delivery of your incident report.
Stealing Crime Statutory Declaration
Please use the following document to assist in the timely and accurate reporting of stealing crimes. This document is not intended to replace the attendance of Police and should not be used if an alleged offender is still present. To report a crime please phone 131 444 fpr non-urgent attendance.
Other handy docs: