New On Street Dining Policy
City of Launceston have just released a new On Street Dining Policy which now allows even more businesses to extend their seating beyond their front door.
Stealing Crime Statutory Declaration
Please use the following document to assist in the timely and accurate reporting of stealing crimes. This document is not intended to replace the attendance of Police and should not be used if an alleged offender is still present. To report a crime please phone 131 444 for non-urgent attendance.
Other handy docs:
Reporting Inappropriate Behaviour
In recent weeks Cityprom and City of Launceston have received a number of reports from concerned staff and visitors in the City with regard to religious activities in the Brisbane St Mall. Council advise they are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible with a positive outcome. In the meantime, Council has provided the following suggestions, should this issue impact you, your staff and/or customers:
- A phone call is appropriate if there is a particular activity or behaviour happening that you think requires the attention of Council Officers, this can be done by telephoning Council’s Service Desk on 6323 3000. Due to the high volume of calls at this time of year, you may experience a slight delay reaching a staff member. If this happens you can select the 'call back' option which reserves your place in the queue. You will be called backed by the next available staff member.
- To allow Council to respond to these complaints, it is helpful if they are in writing. You can use the Incident Template to record the relevant details and return via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you include the following:
- Full Name and location of your business.
- Details of what you saw and heard and the date and time.
- Details of any other witnesses including their contact details.