Nominations are now open for three vacant Board Director positions. Cityprom is encouraging any Member, Associate Member or Representative of a Member to apply for this exciting opportunity to help lead and direct the future of Central Launceston. As a skills-based Board, the following skillsets have been identified to support the organisation into the future and maximise the opportunities outlined in Cityprom's Strategic Plan:
- Strategic planning
- Smart cities/contemporary urban design
- Financial/commercial acumen
- Design-based thinking
- Community engagement
If you would like to nominate for one of the three vacant positions, the following guidelines apply:
- A Member or Member's Representative may nominate any other Member or Representative of a Member;
- In the event that the number of eligible nominations exceed the number of vacant positions, election will be via a secret ballot;
- Nominees will be required to demonstrate their experience in one or more of the above skills;
- Include with the nomination form, a candidate statement of 500 words (max) addressing the following: Your relevant skills/experience, participation in business or community initiatives, roles on any other Boards or similar organisations, goals & objectives you may like to pursue as a Board Director and your vision for Central Launceston;
- As a Board Director, your voluntary commitment would require attendance at a monthly Board Meeting (currently, on the third Wednesday of each month, 8.00am-10.00am). In addition, Cityprom hosts a Strategic Planning each year. Elected terms for Directors are for a period of 3 years.
To be eligible complete the Nomination Form below. Board nominations close 5.00PM Friday 15th June 2018. For more information please email Steve Henty.